South Delhi is an administrative district of the National Capital Territory of Delhi in India. It is termed as India’s highest influential area with the highest number of millionaires in India.
It is bounded by the Yamuna River to the east, the districts of New Delhi to the north, Faridabad, District of Haryana state to the southeast, Gurgaon District of Haryana to the southwest, and South West to the west.
South Delhi has a population of 2,258,367 (2001 census), and an area of 250 km², with a population density of 9,034 persons per km² (23,397 persons per mi²).
Administratively, the district is divided into three subdivisions, Saket, Hauz Khaz and Mehrauli, The division bears only administrative significance, as to the common citizen. Broadly Delhi is vaguely ring-like, having five regions, namely North, West, South, East and Central.
This district has thriving Medieval era colonies or sarais, which now are severely congested and under neglect. These include Kalu Sarai, Jia Sarai, Ber Sarai, Lado Sarai, Katwaria Sarai, Yusuf Sarai, Hauz Khas, Munirka, Kotla Mubarakpur, Begumpur, Mohammadpur, Khirkhi, Govindpuri, Adchini, Chattarpur Village, Badarpur on historic Grand Trunk Road, Aayaa Nagar, Maandi Village, Dera Village, etc.
Other than history, the region has economic and educational importance too. In Nehru Place, it has Asia’s largest computer market and IT market of the city. The Indian Institute of Technology Delhi and The All India Institute of Medical Sciences, two of the country’s premier research institutes in the field of technology and medicine respectively lie in the Hauz Khas locality of South Delhi. The Indian Institute of Foreign Trade of Delhi too is located in the Qutub Institutional Area of South Delhi. The top Central University Jamia Milia Islamia is situated at Jamia Nagar area of South Delhi.
About South Commercial office space locations and connectivity:
- Major hubs for commercial office space in south Delhi are: Bhikaji Cama place, Nehru Place, Jasola, Mohan cooperative, Green Park, Saket, South Ext, Qutab Institutional area, Vasant Kunj etc.
- Some of the best institutional office spaces can be found in locaitons like Vasant Kunj, Qutab institutional area, Huaz Khas etc
- Major High street markets area: Lajpat Nagar, Sarojini Nagar, South Ext
- Extended lal dora areas like Saidul ajab, Munirka, Kotal, Mohdpur, Shahpurjat offer affordable office spaces for startups.
- IGI and New Delhi railway station is within around 15 kms from all major commercial districts of south Delhi.
- South Delhi area is dotted with some of the best 5 star hotels and restaurants
- Entire south Delhi is fairly well connected by yellow line and violet line of Delhi metro other than the ring road and outer ring road which runs through the length and breath of south Delhi.
- Some of the Expensive and prestigious residential areas are surrounding Defence Colony, Khel Gaon, Siri Fort Auditorium, Hauz Khas, Lodhi road, vasant Vihar, Panchsheel area, on the back side are more cheaper areas like is Amar Colony, Sant Nagar, Kalu sarai, Munirka, Mohapur etc
In its entirety, south Delhi has a range of office buildings, which attract all kind of businesses from IT startups to media companies, advertising firms, financial services, government departments, professionals like CA’s, lawyers, advertising firms, educational institutions etc. Rentals for Office Space in South Delhi are as low as 50/sq ft to as high as 400/sq ft
Top Locations for office space in South Delhi:
- Nehru Place
- Bhikaji Cama Place
- Defense Colony
- South Ext
- Hauz Khas
- Vasant Kunj/Vasant Vihar
Office space in South Delhi